What's New for Coordinators
The AL$ RFP Campus Funding 2018/2019 has been distributed to campuses in May 2018.
- Thank you for submitting your reports this past summer. Your collective efforts with your campus partners show a potential student savings of $18M. When we include the bookstore savings, the potential savings is $45M. Thank you to all for their dedication and hard work towards affordable course materials!
AL$ team requests: Fill in your AL$ Fall 2018 activities in the Events Sheet
Starting a new campus AL$ program? Looking to take your existing program to the next level?
Planning Your AL$ Initiative
Starting a new campus AL$ program?
- Review the campus AL$ request for proposal
- Join the AL$ MERLOT Voices community to receive updates, connect with other campus coordinators, and contact the ALS team with questions.
- Complete the 2017 AL$ RFP and associated project plan
- Review the Getting Started Checklist for more helpful tips and resources
- Bookmark the Shared AL$ Coordinators Google drive folder
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Looking to take your existing AL$ program to the next level?
Here are a few tips:
- Download the available suite of AL$ marketing materials including:
- Workshop ideas and sample agendas
- AL$ brochure
- MERLOT brochure
- Website banners and logos
- Auxiliary and Bookstore Resource guide
- And more!
- Add a link inside your Learning Management System template that makes it easy for faculty to find AL$ resources
- Add a link to the Merlot database inside your Learning Management System template that makes it easy for students to find AL$ resources
- Work with your bookstore manager and librarians to coordinate professional development, training, marketing, and outreach programs to improve the adoption of free and lower cost digital course materials.
- Promote, use and link your AL$ website to the CSU Affordable Learning Solutions Website
- Highlight and support Free DIGITAL Desk-Evaluation-Review Copies
- Participate in a campus “AL$ day” organized with your bookstore and library Contact AL$ for more information.
- Add “How to Use eTextbooks” to your library’s Information Literacy program Contact AL$ for more information.
- Read and Distribute AL$ Newsletters
- Learn more about the potential the Immediate Access / Inclusive Access Initiatives on your campus
- Add An OER (Open Educational Resources) Search Widget To Any Web Page
It's free, fast and simple to put OER search on your personal, professional or commercial Web site.
The AL$ Annual Meeting and the OLC Affordable Textbook Conference Follow Up (January 2017)
Event resources include:
AL$ Coordinators' requested resources:
OLC Meeting Resources from January 30, 2018
Visit the Resource Center where you will find the attendee list as well as links to recommended reading materials (if provided) from the presenters. Presentation materials and archivist notes from each breakout session have been posted here as well.